Saturday, October 15, 2016

Die Cutting with Thin Cuts Metal Dies

I have been having lots of fun prepping this month’s project kits. One of the optional add-ons with the kit this month is the Snowflakes Thin Cuts metal dies. I love the metal dies because they are a quick alternative to using the Cricut machine. I am thrilled that I have had so many orders for this month’s kit, however, it did take a bit longer to prep the kits for those who did not order the Thin Cuts die with their kit. (I always pre-cut the pieces when the dies are not ordered with the kits.)


I have had a few questions lately about which die cut machine I use. Of course I always use my Cricut Explore machine when using CTMH’s awesome Cricut cartridges, but when using our Thin Cuts, I like to use my Evolution machine made by We R Memory Keepers. (I also have an old Cuttlebug that I use from time to time as well. But I like to use the Evolution when cutting a lot at one time.) Here is a video with more info on the machine. You can purchase it online from most craft websites. I got mine from HSN when it first came out a few years ago.  


The Evolution machine is also great for embossing with CTMH’s Embossing Folders. I hope that helps answer your questions. Now, I must get back to cutting the fun glitter snowflakes for this month’s kits. *Ü*

No comments:

Post a Comment