Thursday, August 4, 2016

Watercolor and Thin Cuts Cards


One of my favorite new products in the new Close to my Heart catalog are the new Thin Cuts word dies! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!!! I created two cards using the new set which includes both the word “hello” and the word “thanks,” appropriately called Hello & Thanks.

 

To create the cards, I added some water to a piece of 4" x 5¼" watercolor paper with my large watercolor brush. Then I dripped some watercolor paints in various colors onto the water and let the color spread. Once the paint dried. I actually ironed the cardstock with a regular iron to flatten it out. (I put a piece of printer paper on top to protect it while I ironed the paper.)


I cut the words “thanks” and “hello” from some black cardstock using the new Thin Cuts metal dies and my Cuttlebug. I adhered the die cut words to the center of the watercolored paper and stamped a small sentiment under each one with my Black Memento ink pad. The “for your kindness” sentiment came from the Finding the Words stamp set. The “sending smiles” sentiment came from one of the stamp sets that comes with the new Flower Market Cricut Collection


I matted them both to a piece of 4¼" x 5½" black cardstock and then again to a white card base. They were lots of fun and easy to make. If you plan to make some, I would suggest creating a bunch of watercolor cardstock pieces all at the same time and then setting them aside so that they will be ready when you want to make more cards later. Once you start watercoloring, you won’t want to stop. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment